Camouflage are back! Yup, you heard me right, camouflage used to be a big trend back in the days but it is coming back. This military trend on clothes used to be on every corner of the street and everyone had to own a pair of them to feel trendy at the time, however over the years no one was wearing and I suppose everyone just left it in their closet.
But the trend started picking up again when top designers and brands like Givenchy started putting them back on the runway. This time it’s coming more strong! With not just cameo pants, but shirts, shoes, bags and suits. It’s literally taking over the world.
Picture from NYtimes.
However, I must say, cameo design are not easy to match with our daily outfit without looking like a complete fashion amateur. It’s distinctive design would probably make you look like an army if you are not cautious about how you wear it. Army wears camouflage uniform was to blend in with the surroundings of greenery, however we are to make a fashion statement and stand out though.
Here are a few ways to dress with cameo design. Pictures are from Riccardotisci.
Personally, I do not own anything with camouflage design. One reason is that it doesn’t attract me much, but maybe it’s because I haven’t gone into this trend yet. The other reason could be the difficulty in finding the right clothes to match it without looking like a fashion disaster. After looking through inspirations on the web, I find it amazing how it actually fit well with a simple black t-shirt can fit this distinctive cameo chinos or a cameo shirt fitting with regular blue jeans. I guess it’s a fashion I should and could explore more. What’s your take on camouflage design items?
Where to get camouflage design items? I went shopping today and found a few brand that carries camouflage design. I believe it ain’t hard to find since it’s becoming a trend. I went Topman today and saw a few camouflage design items that I find interesting and might get, maybe you guys can check it out as well. Photos are from Topman.
- Timber Power Strips – The Invisiplug 6 Outlet Camouflages Into Your Hardwood Floors (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- DIY: Camouflage Shirt (janadidthis.wordpress.com)
- The North Face Purple Label ‘Camouflage Mesh’ Bag Collection (formatmag.com)
- Style & Substance – Camouflaged Gear IV (gentlemenstandard.com)
- Super Sale Tuesday: Mix N Match One Price $74.99! (site.shopchameleon.com)
- “From Frumpy to Fab: Camouflage, Studs, Beanies and Boyfriend Blazers” (templefab.wordpress.com)
- Fashion Warriors (meryemsekkat.wordpress.com)
- Why Do We Even Bother With Camouflage? (xbradtc.com)
- Marian’s ‘Camouflage’ Outfit (fictionalfabrics.wordpress.com)
- The Camouflage Comeback (ellyclaynyc.wordpress.com)